Monday, October 18, 2010

Ughh, Uggs....

I can't really name with any authority specific fashion dos and don'ts I can only report what I love to wear and what I would never be caught wearing even on a lazy Sunday. I think I feel a backlash coming on, but like I warned you I can only relay my personal taste, no amount of fashion intuition is going to produce universal standards of style. So, liabilities aside, I have to stress one of the most annoying trends to me are Ugg boots. Uggs have no shape to them. They make your feet look like vague oblong mounds or like you're wearing one giant thick sock. The only outfit I can imagine Uggs would ever complete would be worn by an Eskimo. 
Luckily I might be graced with less Uggs this season since my move to sunny Arizona, but I suspect I haven't escaped them entirely. I understand that the savvy shopper can update certain pieces to be worn across seasons, however pairing your Uggs with a short denim skirt does not transform them into summer footwear. Fortunately, this unlikely pairing of denim and suede, ubiquitous a couple years back, has finally started to phase out. Unfortunately, Ugg, not to become another discarded fad, has been producing their classic boots in new styles and patterns. If the Ugg boot wasn't ridiculous enough, you can sport them in metallic silver (to compliment that popular Space-Eskimo look), or even cheetah print (for those frigid rides through the African safari). 

Quite frankly, with the abundance of tasteful boots offered by stores this season, there's no reason one needs to resort to the footwear equivalent of a Snuggie with about as much style. Looking for comfort? Just don a cute pair of those flat slouchy ankle boots or try some combat boots to mix things up. I promise your toes won't be left out in the cold.    

Wishing everyone a happy (read: Ugg-free) week :) 
- Holly

0 comments:

Post a Comment