Monday, October 18, 2010

Save The Animals

One fashion tragedy that I just cannot stand is animal print. I can handle the trend in small increments, for example, last week I saw a friend studying and she was wearing flats, dark wash jeans, a white tank top and a cute leopard print cardigan. It was very tasteful and, honestly, made me reexamine my hatred for the print. But then I did some research and my needing to twitch whenever I see animal print came right back. 
Exhibit A:





















I suppose we should just never use Paris as a point of reference, but here is an example of just too much of a potentially good thing.

Exhibit B:





















Animal print LEGGINGS? Yuck. Paired with UGGS? Double Yuck.

Now here is animal print (actually, I don't even know if this could be considered animal print but roll with it for now) on a whole different level that, while not wearable in everyday life, makes me still relieved and happy that the print can be impressive, sophisticated and creative. I am talking about Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 RTW.


































This monarch butterfly dress is impeccable to say the least. In the words of Rachel Zoe: I die.
Here are a few other wonderful pieces that the brilliant Sarah Burton sent down the runway. She most certainly did McQueen proud! There is so much of him in everything, yet she puts in her own personal touches, like the unfinished edges. Truly my favorite and most refreshing shows of all that I've seen so far this season.

























-Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment