Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Note From Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling

Like almost every other girl on the planet, I am a huge fan of The Notebook!
It's the quintessential love story every little girl dreams of and Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling's chemistry is undeniable. 
Now It's not just the story that I love, it's the amazing 1940's fashion!
When I think of fashion inspiration, one of the first things that comes to mind is the 40's and in my opinion no film or TV show can showcase this incredible time period like everyone's favorite love story.

The Notebooks helps reintroduce us to cardigans, cinched waists, pageboy caps, and wedge heels. The designers on the movie wanted everything to feel very authentic so many of the pieces from the film are vintage. 


I couldn't get enough of the clothes Rachel McAdams' character Allie wore. She has a very high end style. Allie loves fun feminine dresses and heels and always jazzes things up with accessories. She starts out in cute prints but evolves to very sophisticated fitted ensembles and sold colors.




Noah, played by Ryan Gosling keeps it simple throughout the film in earthy tones that mirror his financial situation. He also wears a pageboy cap better than any other movie character I've ever seen.

Their individual style is so opposite yet they always complement each other perfectly. 

While its a love story all the way through, the fashion in The Notebook definitely tells a story of its own and it amazes me every time I watch.

Til Next Time Lovelies,

Vanja V.

0 comments:

Post a Comment