Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CHICago

When I think of my favorite U.S. city with the best fashion sense I immediately think of Chicago, Illinois. I've visited the windy city twice in the last four years and have just fallen completely in love with the city from the moment I entered it. If you've never visited before, it can be best described as New York City, but cleaner and filled with friendlier people. I like to compare it to New York because the buildings and weather appear very similar and so does the fashion seen on the streets. When I last visited the South Loop in November 2010, I couldn't keep track of how many great outfits I saw just walking around the town. There were so many different styles from trendy hip hop to the infamous hipster look. Here are some Chicago looks I found on Lookbook.nu to best describe some of the fashion seen in the city:




Here's some of that hip-hop style seen on our favorite Chi Town native, Kanye West:


If you ever visit this city, you should keep in mind the best shopping areas! For vintage clothing I first suggest going to Wicker Park, where there is a street of little hole-in-the-wall boutiques where you can find the creme of the crop, so to speak. If that's not enough for you, you should definitely check out Boy's Town, where there is a huge unit (about 5 floors) where every floor is a different thing. One floor is dedicated completely to vintage clothing, another to shoes, another to everyday clothes, and so on. If you're looking for a mall-type deal, the Magnificent Mile is for you. This is located on Michigan Avenue in Downtown Chicago. You can find some of America's biggest retail stores on this street, and you can be sure to not leave empty handed. Lastly, check out State street, not too far down from Michigan Ave. Here you can find the more affordable retail stores such as Urban Outfitters, H&M, and Macy's.

Have fun exploring and shopping, guys!

Gone With the Wind,
Noel Escobar

0 comments:

Post a Comment