Sunday, March 6, 2011

All You Need is Dana Fuchs (Across the Universe)

For those of you who have never seen this movie: first of all, be very ashamed and go watch it on Netflix right now.
Second, Dana Fuchs plays Sadie, a hippie living in the Village that sings for a living. The movie's entire cast lives in her apartment.
The movie takes place during the Vietnam War in the late '60s, which is also my favorite era of fashion. I love the flowing hippie skirts, peace necklaces, and bright tie-dyes. They speak of carelessness and fun, romance and simplicity. Dana Fuchs wears so many of these styles in the movie.
when she first meets Jude and Max
singing"Why Don't We Do It in the Road?"




















And also, the woman has perfect hair. I so wish it was mine.
singing "Helter Skelter"
her hair is crazy in this scene and I love it

















The '60s are definitely one place I would travel back to if I could. I love the excitement of those times and especially the fashion.
So go watch this movie now if you haven't. Or even if you have. Hopefully you love her clothes and character as much as I do.
Till next time!
xo- Kristin W.

0 comments:

Post a Comment