Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Top 3 Best Dresses Of Award Season :)

There is nothing I love more than Award show fashion. This year, the fashion was nothing short of amazing. While the Grammy's fashion ceased to really amaze me as it usually does (aside from Lady Gaga showing up in an egg, which did in fact amaze me), there were some great dresses that really stood out. The SAG and Critics Choice Awards had some amazing fashions as well. As they usually do, stars went for glitzy and glamorous with sequins and sparkle.

While it is easy to get this wrong (example: Kim Kardashian in Kaufman Franco at the Grammy's) three stars got it right in absolutely breath-taking looks. These are my picks for top three best dressed of award show season this far - and they all have on thing in common: sparkle.








First is Selena Gomez in J. Mendel at the Grammy's. She accessorized with a Judith Leiber clutch and Lorraine Schwartz diamonds. My favorite part about this look is the simply hair and makeup which let the dress take center stage. It was glitzy and had a major WOW factor but was understated at the same time. Selena usually doesn't wear much sparkle and likes to keep it simple with solid colors and mullet dresses. I really liked that she switched it up and I LOVE this dress.

This is my second favorite look of Award Show season I spotted this dress on the red carpet for the Critics Choice Movie Awards. When I saw this dress on Emma Stone, my jaw dropped. This dress is absolutely gorgeous. The gold chain neck is not the conventional neckline you would expect with a silver, shiny gown but it definitely works. Emma is wearing a Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere gown. I also like that she put her hair up and out of her face to let the dress take center stage. I absolutely love this dress and it is by far one of the best glittery dresses on the red carpet in a long time.


The third dress that caught my eye was on Katy Perry at the Grammy nominations concert. Usually Katy wears tacky pin-up getups, so I thought this was a really nice change of pace for her. It is sexy but classy and a prime example of glitter done right. This dress is George Chakras Couture. She accessorized with a Brumani bracelet, Rina Limor earrings, and go-to Brian Atwood nude pumps. This dress is really edgy and unexpected. The unusual off-the-shoulder cut and beaded slit in between the shoulders is unique. This is, to me, the best dress Katy Perry has ever worn. It is fun enough to suit her personality and gorgeous at the same time. 

Thanks for reading! Lauren W. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment