Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kate Moss

So, initially when asked "Who is your fashion icon?" my mind immediately goes to Mary-Kate Olsen. Unfortunately, she has already been covered (and rightfully so; I loved the post Jacqueline!). It was hard to get past this though, and not because I was bummed that I couldn't write about her, but because I was amazed that I really couldn't think of anyone else that I go to for style "advice". But alas, how can I forget Kate Moss? I think there are many similarities between Kate and Mary-Kate, like the fact that they can make jeans and a white tee shirt look effortlessly chic! I remember stumbling upon a photo of Kate Moss (one of which I of course cannot find now) on the street in a pair of light-washed jeans rolled up with a brown leather belt and white, V-neck t-shirt. I can remember the exact pose and perspective from the camera - that's how showstopping it was and it was the simplest outfit! I think that because of this fact alone, she easily makes it as a fashion icon, don't you?

I've found that style is more than a glamorous dress and statement shoes (although I die for statement shoes, don't we all?). And fashion is more than pink and girly things. I think that's why I take a lot of inspiration from Kate Moss; she's always put together with clean lines and simplicity. Whatever she's got, I like it.

Andrea

0 comments:

Post a Comment