Thursday, December 2, 2010

My favourite perfumes ever

Hi guys,

I wanted to write a post about perfume, it's been a while. I absolutely adore fragrances, as I am a little bit addicted to scents but nothing over the top.
Along the years I have collected many bottles, fragrances that for one reason or another I just fell in love with. In the past, I used to wear something different everyday but for the last couple of years I have been wearing Agent Provocateur almost everyday, so I believe I may have found my favourite scent. Still, I need to down size my collection, it will take me a while but as long as I don't buy anything, it should be fine.

I picked 10 of my favourite bottles at home, one for every mood!


1. Agent Provocateur - Agent Provocateur
The 'marmite' of fragrances, you love it or you hate it. It's rosy, powdery, almost an old lady-ish smell... some people may say. For me, it's the most amazing scent in the world, I just adore the mix of saffron and roses. Feminine, intriguing and above all sensual. The one!


2. Eau de Emmotionelle - Agent Provocateur
After my fascination with the original pink version, I decided to try the summer version. I love it too, it's has some of the original notes in it and some white musk which makes it much softer, changing the scent too. Not so in your face, I find this fragrance very comforting. Perfect for summery days.


3. Dune - Christian Dior.
I also wore this fragrance for a couple of years in a row. I had a friend who wore it and I loved so much that I 'copied' her. It brings me a lot of good memories. A beautiful floral fragrance, long lasting. I get many comments when I am wearing it, so I suppose it really suits my skin.


4. Amarige - Givenchy.
In my teens, Amarige was the second fragrance I fell in love with (the first one was Lou Lou). I still love it's floral bouquet and femininity. I normally wear it when it's really cold.


5. A Men - Thierry Mugler.
This one is the masculine version of the famous Angel. I love both, but I prefer A Men because it's just like Angel but cheaper and more subtle. Great for Summer too.

6. Boudoir - Vivienne Westwood
Tuberose infused, this fragrance is one of the strongest I own, strictly for Winter only. It's a scent that stay with you all day... lingers and lingers. I have to be in my Cruella de Vil mood for this! I prefer when I have just sprayed on rather than when it has worn a bit off.


7. Volupte - Oscar De La Renta
This one is a an oldy... Again, it was another scent that I fell in love with in my teens. A spicy smell that has nothing to do with coriander at all, but it reminds me of it. I found the 100 ml bottle on sale for £20, a bargain, I had to buy it. Funnily enough, I think this is the fragrance my boyfriend likes the most since he's not very keen on AP for instance!


8. Aromatics Elixir - Clinique.
This is a heady perfume. After trying a sample, I thought it was a grown up fragrance, so I decided to buy it. The strangest thing is although this smell is very strong, distinctive and a bit hippie, like a child from the 70's, I like it to wear in Summer days. I don't think I am supposed to, but I do. So far no complaints.


9. Opium Eau D'ete - YSL.
This was a limited Summer fragrance. It's based on the perfume Opium but in a much lighter way. Reminds me of the smell of incense and that's why I love it so much. Just like an Indian Summer, or how I expect one to be.


10. Laughter - Space NK.
I think this is a unisex fragrance, which I got as a gift. I like it because it's clean and very summery, the perfect scent for holidays. It reminds me of Barcelona, just because when I spent some time there, I was bathing myself with it everyday. Felt very fresh!



Are you addicted to scents? Tell me which one is your favourite and why?

See you soon.
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment