Monday, March 8, 2010

The making of Fridays at Portobello

Hi guys,

Hope you all are well. Today I am going to talk about the making of my street style pictures. I get asked all the time about 'Fridays at Portobello'. Many of you would like to know if it's me who takes the pictures or how do I approach people and things like that.

I received this picture not so long ago from Sara, a lovely and stylish lady who was featured on my street style section.

It's the first time someone else captures me in action and here's a beautiful shot Sara's dad took for her.

Street style

As you guys can see, I take all the pictures myself and the process of choosing someone is quite funny, as sometimes I find myself chasing after people down the street! I have a chat with them about the blog, explain what is all about and then I ask if I can take their picture. Most of the people feel flattered about having their picture taken which is great.

I have also come across a few people who have said no to having their picture taken, that is fine but sometimes is such a shame because their outfits are cool but they are shy.

For me, it's cool and fun to approach people, I really do enjoy every minute of it.

Last of all, I would like to thank Sara for sending this picture to me, it was a lovely surprise and I totally loved it!

See you soon.
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment