Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year, New Semester, New Outfits




With every new semester comes new opportunities to show off your style. I, like so many others this week will be carefully planning what to wear this January 18th for the first day of school. For me, it seems like just when I have the perfect outfit in mind, it suddenly feels all wrong and I have to inconveniently go back to square one. But as of right now, I think I’ve come up with the best outfit I can for the beginning of the Spring 2011 semester.

The overall look I’m trying to achieve is trendy yet casual. A comfy solid white v-neck t-shirt is great for this style because it can be matched with a wide variety of other clothing and accessories. Since our Arizona weather seems to be fairly nice these days, a denim mini skirt wouldn’t be a bad choice to pair with the v-neck. Now, I have a slight fashion obsession with stockings and leggings so I’m going to have to say that this denim skirt will need to have some patterned stockings underneath, maybe black or maroon. The pattern will give this basic look a little edge that will stand out and really be the focal point of the outfit. When it comes to shoes, I think either flats or boots will do. Boots might be a better idea in the morning when it can be a little chilly. Speaking of slightly cooler temperatures, a sweater would suffice for this. I have a maroon sweater I like to wear. It’s a great color and just so happens to make a person look ASU school spirited, which is an added bonus. When it comes to accessorizing this look, a necklace tends to look great with v-necks and who doesn’t love a ring or two on their fingers? Probably lots of  people, but still, rings can add that extra something to an outfit that helps make it complete. Another special little detail I enjoy is nail polish. Dark colors can look sophisticated or dramatic and bright colors can add a lot of personality. I like going for the bright colors these days because they’re just so much fun. For later in the day when that Arizona sun is at its most impossible to escape, sunglasses are your very best friend. And since this whole look is for school, a messenger bag, oversized purse, or backpack would be a great idea.

And there you have it. My first day of school outfit designed to look fashionable but still comfy and casual. Hopefully this might inspire another person or two who are having clothing frustrations. And also hopefully I don’t completely change my mind about this the morning of the first day of the semester and end up being late to class. That’s why planning ahead is so beneficial.

Here’s to hoping that we all make it to class on time!

Jordan Dailey

0 comments:

Post a Comment