Monday, June 21, 2010

Get minxed



Hi guys,

Have I been obsessed with my hands lately or what? Can't stop thinking of cool, new, fresh nail varnishes...

Have you guys heard of Minx nails? If not, I am here to update you on this trend which I think will be big this year. I was immediately drawn to it as soon as I saw it. Although celebrities and stars are leading the trend, you might already have spotted Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna and 'Samantha' on SATC2 with her golden nails... And now we can have it too!

Minx Nails are cool because they come in colors and patterns that you cannot create with nail polish. The colour is fierce! We are talking about metallic... Screaming ones out there, gold, silver are the nicest colours but anything goes.

A new nail fashion made of flexible film, applied with heat and pressure and it does not require any drying time. The foil is applied on the nails like a wrap and stuck on it with the help of heat. The Minx foil is available in metallic, patterns and graphics. On average, Minx lasts from 7 to 14 days on the fingers and up to 4 weeks on the toes.
It reminds me of the idea of the peeling nail varnish we had a few years ago (does anyone remember that?) but the Minx needs the help of a heat source to be removed and either the nail technician or even by yourself.

This is how it looks like before it being applied. There are so many designs to choose from. Minx is a film with an adhesive back.



The application goes on more or less like this. Minx is attached to the nail, cut to measure and then under the heat to seal it onto the nail.


Here's the finished look and some inspirations:



I took a picture of this girl's toe nails, she had a leopard minx design on.



I definitely want to try it one day! I would leave it for a special occasion but I am sure they look must fabulous on! As for the design, I would stick to silver or gold, which are classy yet slightly wacky too.
I love it, but what do you think of it?

By the way, tonight I am very pleased with my manicure! It's not Minxed, but it's looking pretty good, in fact the best I ever had done. I might just do a post with a nail varnish swatch just to show it off. This week I am going green for Brazil!

See you soon.
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment