Saturday, October 3, 2009

Clockwork works - New DIY necklace!



diy,watch necklace,pretty portobello,clockwork necklace



Hello,



I am so excited about today's post! It's another accessory post but it certainly is a very special one, well for me at least.



My inspiration came from the old pocket watches, a beautiful object, forgotten by most of us.



pocket watches

I also have a funny fascination for cogs, as I find them so cute (and because I love little mini things) it came into my mind how the cute cogs, wheels and springs from the watch would look when exposed.

I knew exactly what I wanted to... I decided to transform this pocket watch in a cool necklace, recycling every single part of it.



westclox

(Sometime later... with my manicured look overtaken by my new mechanical look!)

Voila!

My newest design: An open watch necklace!



diy,watch necklace,pretty portobello,clockwork necklace

"Clockwork necklace by Pretty Portobello"





Coming up soon with new designs and pictures.

Stay tuned!



See ya.

x



0 comments:

Post a Comment